Donate to Nehemiah Project of Love

GIve Today

We have the power to impact our community and we’re doing something about.

With your help, and in pursuit of a common goal, we’re able to positively impact more people in need in the following areas:

  • Addiction/Mental Health
  • At-risk Kids/Abused Women
  • Veterans
  • Senior Citizens
  • Homeless
  • Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities

If your company or organization can contribute to this collective effort, email us at

Would you like to donate? Send us an email!

FAQ about your donations titles

What Documents Will I Need To Donate A Vehicle To Charity?
The person (or persons)* listed on the front of the title must follow these steps unless otherwise noted:

  1. North Carolina titles must be notarized. Only sign the title in the presence of a notary public.
  2. Sign your name (or names)* on the back of the title where it says “Seller(s) Signature(s)”.
  3. Print your name (or names)* on the back of the title where it says “Seller(s) Hand Printed Name(s)”.
  4. For vehicles less than 10 years old, you must include an odometer disclosure statement reflecting the current odometer reading.

For Multiple Owners:

If there is more than one owner listed on the title, one or both must sign it depending on how the names appear. See the below chart for details.

Remember, the name used to sign the title must match the name shown on the title exactly. Therefore, always remember to print/sign your name exactly as it is shown on the title.

Chart to Help with Car Donation to Nehemiah Project

Please take note to adhere to the below instructions so as not to void your title.

  • Do not use markers or pencils. Only blue or black pen is allowed.
  • Do not cross out or strikethrough any text or writing.
  • Do not use white-out or similar substance.
  • Do not rip, tear, or tape the title.
  • Do not doodle on the title.

For help with your donation, give one of NC’s friendly Title Clerks a call at .
How Do You Determine The Value Of My Car?
Our team evaluates each car to determine how to get the best sale price for it. We take into account many factors, including year, make/model, mileage, and local market conditions. It is in our mutual best interest to sell your car for the most we can.
What If The Vehicle Isn’t Registered In My Name?
The vehicle does not have to be registered in the donor’s name. However, the person whose name is on the title must sign the title or fill out additional paperwork.
How Do I Know My Title Is A Clear, Transferable Title?
The title must be in your name, with no cross-outs or errors. If your title lists a lien holder followed by a bank, your bank will provide a lien release that states they have no further interest in your vehicle. This document is often provided at the time the vehicle was paid off. If your vehicle is paid off, it can be ordered from your bank. If there is a lien listed on your title, it must be signed off on the title, or provide a separate lien release document. You can contact the bank and request your own lien release or we’re happy to assist you in obtaining a lien release.
My Name Has Changed Since The Car Has Been Titled. How Do I Sign?
You must sign the title as it is shown on the front of the title. If you do not, the title will be void and you may need a correction form or duplicate title.
There Are Two People Listed On The Title, Do Both Of Us Need To Sign?
Yes. If there are two owners listed on the front of a title, both people will need to sign as the seller. If there is an ‘or’ in between the names, only one signature is required.
The Title Is In A Deceased Person’s Name. How Do I Complete The Transfer Of Title?
Different states require different paperwork. Usually, this involves a copy of the death certificate, executor rights paperwork, and the signed title. Please call the Title Department at  regarding your state’s requirements or if you have additional questions.
My Title Is Signed Over To Someone Else. Can I Cross It Off And Write Nehemiah Project? Or Use The Next Section?
No; if you do this, your title will become void. Please call the for clarification and we will happily provide you the documents necessary to complete your car donation.
How Do I Release The Liability And What Do I Do With My Plates?
In order to release liability in the state of North Carolina, the donor will have to remove the vehicle’s license plates and return them to the Vehicle and License Plate Renewal office if not transferred to another owned vehicle. Plates must be returned before cancelling liability insurance, and the donor is responsible for maintaining insurance until the plates are surrendered and he or she has received a receipt.
How Much Will I Receive As A Tax Deduction For My Used Car?
The IRS allows you to claim a tax deduction of:
a) The value of your vehicle up to $500. It is up to the donor to determine the fair market value.
b) The amount we sell your vehicle for if the sale price is more than $500.

Nehemiah Project is a classified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. You can check with your tax advisor or accountant to determine the amount of your benefit. The deduction is of value only if the donor itemizes his or her deductions. For a more detailed overview, the IRS publishes a Donors Guide to Car Donation.

Nehemiah Project of Love Vehicle Donation


Donations from the community are a large part of Nehemiah Project and the sale of those donated items helps to fund our mission. These donations allow us to work alongside our network of community partners who seek to put God’s love into action by creating lasting solutions that bring hope to the hurting. When you donate to Nehemiah, know that your donation really can change a life, just as this camper did. To read more about how this donation blessed a community member, please click here.